Meet the Family
Vincent's mother, Edith Lonsdale (formerly Tones) began a health shop, the Health Box, 40 years ago. His uncle founded “Noogy Sweets” and his aunt founded “Nature Source” muesli.
After completing his national service, he began pursuing his career path in the health industry. His expertise in this field, coupled with a burning desire to utilise his own innovative talents, resulted in him taking over the management of the Health Box in 1993, and ownership in 1994.
In conjunction with managing the business, he and his wife, Cheryl started their studies in Herbalism and Nutrition through the SA College of Herbal Medicine and Health (SACOH). Within three years, both Cheryl and Vincent completed their internship under the guidance of Dr Anderson.
Cheryl has a passion for helping people with their ailments no matter how complex. Guiding a person through the healing process is what gives Cheryl her practical formulating skills. Cheryl’s leading formulations are: Melanomas & Carcinoma repair paste, Nail Fix for stubborn fungal infections, Hair Fix for hair loss, Skin Fix for scars and tissue repair, Body Tones for Hyper / Hypo Thyroidism.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THEIR CAREERS:
- Acquisition of SACOH in 1995.
- Training more than 1600 students between 1995 and 1999.
- Formulated the PHYTO-FORCE range of products.
Formulated the BIO-LOGIC range(herbal extracts, soaps and therapeutic creams).
- Pioneered the Ultra-sonic method of active ingredients extraction which led to the development of the I'MOK HERBALS RANGE.
- Formulated blends used by bodybuilders in the SA Mr Natural competitions.
Vice Chairman of the SA Naturopaths and Herbalists Association from 1997 to 1998.
- Chief Advisor for the SA Association of Herbal Practitioners from 1998 to 1999.
- Awarded the Fellowship/Gem of Alternative Medicines award and Gold Medal at the World Aids Conference in India, in appreciation and recognition of their dedication and outstanding contributions to the field of holistic Health and Education.
- Formulated HEALTH TONES Sinus & Allergy - sold to Aspen Pharmacare.
- New Products Development Director for WELLCO BRANDS 2006 - 2007.
- Formulated following brands: KGB LIVER PROTECT, RECHARGE, ESSENTIALS range, HERBOLOGY LIFESTYLE range, Woolworths MULTI-NUTRIENT RANGE, TONES FAMILY HEALTH range, IGUGU LEMPILO, PHEKO and many more.
- Formulated and launched TONES PLATINUM premium multi-nutrient range in SA. Sponsored the Springboks for their winning tour of England. Brand sold to Platinum Brands in November 2007.
- Launched new VT De-Tox machine and 5 day De-Tox capsules for various independent wellness clinics in 2008.
- Launched No.1 Energy Tonic May 2009.
- Opened Natural Health Academy (NHA) in 2010. This offers on-line education assisting entrepreneurs in the health and wellness industry. Visit www.naturalhealthacademy.co.za
- Launched Lifetones Acid Clear 2012.
- Launched Herbay range which offers ailment specific products.
- Launched MAPP, clinically trialled active and MCC compliant acne treatment.
- First of its kind in SA. Visit www.mapp.co.za - sold to ENCA Healthcare in 2015.
- The Holding company, Tones Family Health, has been running for over 20 years. Visit www.tonesfamilyhealth.co.za
Michael has studied Business Management through Stellenbosch University and has specialised in on-line sales and social media. He has already formulated MAPP for acne and Summer Slim for weight management and is in the process of developing his third product. He is especially passionate about inventing products around ailments that he or his close friends have suffered from. Michael has a passion for traveling and experiencing new cultures, having recently travelled to Peru to explore Machu Picchu, hiked up the Andies and transversed the Amazon. He has diverse interests, having qualified to be a barista, completed a sailing course. He is passionate about health and wellness, encouraging friends to become healthy through diet and exercise.
Savannah is presently studying Business Management at Stellenbosch University and has a very close affinity to Nutrition and Dietetics. Savannah also enjoys cosmetology (creams and cosmetics) and enjoys inventing natural formulations. She obtained full KZN colours for Tent Pegging, an equestrian discipline. Savannah also rode at the Royal Show Tattoo in Pietermaritzburg.